Suppiluliuma was the greatest king of the Hittites, and helped turn the Anatolian kingdom into perhaps the most powerful empire in the world for a time.
- Trevor Bryce, The Kingdom of the Hittites, 2005
- Trevor Bryce, "Some Observations on the Chronology of Suppiluliuma's Reign", Anatolian Studies, 1989
- W Richard Stephens, Jr, "The Rise of the Hittite Empire: A Comparison of Theories on the Origin of the State", Mid-American Review of Sociology, 1979
- Gregory McMahon, “The History of the Hittites”, The Biblical Archaeologist
- Claudia Glatz and Roger Matthews. “Anthropology of a Frontier Zone: Hittite-Kaska Relations in Late Bronze Age North-Central Anatolia”, Bulletin of the American Schools of Oriental Research, Aug 200
- Hittites, 2003. Tolga Ornek. Documentary